28 Oct 2007

The growing rift between the EU and USA


Atlas Shrugs: Belien: "We're all Nazis now?"
(that is, for just wanting to discuss the danger that Islam poses for Europe.)
...
Philosopher Roger Scruton, who also spoke at a VB event:
As the British conservative philosopher and author Roger Scruton said in a speech in Antwerp last year, the charge of racism and xenophobia in the EU countries "has become the equivalent of a charge of heresy in medieval Europe, of witchcraft in colonial Massachusetts, or of ‘deviationism" in the Stalinist state." However, as Mr. Scruton pointed out, "we have a duty to brave the charge of ‘racism and xenophobia’, and to discuss every aspect of immigration." ...
...
Unfortunately, some Americans realize that Europe is in for a disaster but seem to think that it is only getting what it deserves. Europe has to be destroyed by the Muslims as a punishment for the Nazis’ crimes during WWII.

Last year, I was invited to speak about the situation in Europe at one of America’s major universities. For two days my host subjected me to the most terrible accusations. He told me I would have to suffer for what my ancestors had done to his ancestors. "One cannot respect the Europeans," he said. "America should have nuked Europe during WWII instead of Japan. If ever things turn nasty in Europe I will make sure that neither you nor any white European will be allowed to seek shelter in the US. I would rather invite the Muslims in than you and your lot, because one can respect Muslims but not Europeans."...